Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

life they always dreamed about.


"You married someone. You made a commitment. Who are you as a spouse not to be a great partner? Because you are going to significantly... not ruin... but, not give the kind of life that you promised to that person you married. And that is a long time. I don't want to be a bad husband and ruin my wife's life because I'm lazy or I don't want to listen. It's a big responsibility. I want you to think about being responsible enough to love that person that you took a vow with and to give them the life you promised." --Matt Titus



I stumbled across this gem will watching a video excerpt of Matt and his wife giving some advice to spouses.

It spoke to me. Gave me a little shove in the right direction.

I am now taking responsibility for my actions, reactions, attitudes. For my part in creating the life Rey dreamed about when he dreamed about life with me. For becoming that person, that wife, that momma, that friend, that God has dreamed of me becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment