Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

yet, rejoice.

Letting these words sink in this morning...

"Know that the Lord has set apart his faithful servant for himself;
    the Lord hears when I call to him...Offer the sacrifices of the righteous and trust in the Lord... You have filled my heart with joy more than when the grain and new wine abound. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lordmake me dwell in safety."

...and then, going back to re-read the beginning of the chapter and realizing... These words were written from a hard place. From a "not-safe" place. From a time of lack, worry, persecution and distress. Yet, David says: "Praise. Trust. Be glad. Rest." 

And, so I shall!

(Habakkuk 3)
Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to tread on the heights.



Yet. Even still.

No comments:

Post a Comment