Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

dear aleni, for your fourth

Dear Aleni,
No surprise here... I'm late writing your birthday post. Things have been crazy for momma and daddy this last month or so, but I am so happy to find a time and place to write you for your fourth birthday.


To tell you the truth, you turning four is hard for me! I feel like you are so huge now! Where did this baby go?

  

  


On the other hand, you are just so much fun. You are one of a kind. Your dramatic view of life and passionate retellings always cause your daddy and I to exchange quiet smiles.



3 has been a blast. It has been a gradual shift--from you being fiercely independent and struggling to allow others into your "territory", to an openness to new friends, sharing, and being part of a group. I love that my girl who has never been one to linger and snuggle now seeks out moments to share her love and hugs. I love that my girl is learning to truly feel empathy for others and remorse for making wrong choices. You are growing up... and you are growing up well!



Here are some things you say that make us giggle:
-"Bahm-loon" for balloon
-"Shah-berry Yortcake" for Strawberry Shortcake
-"Chicken nudge-its" for chicken nuggets.
-"Orsey" for horsey.
-"Bee-nana" for banana.
-"Dora Explor-ya" for Dora the Explorer.
-"I feegot" for I forgot.
-"Slush" for flush.
-"Yiss ok!" for it's ok.

You are a very busy, active girl! You are SO good at finding ways to keep yourself occupied, even if it's something sneaky. ;) You love things with a lot of tiny pieces, and you like rearranging things. You are crazy good at puzzles and like to help out with "big people jobs" (like mopping the floor).




You've got a strong sense of style. ;)


Your favorite color is blue; your favorite things are black horseys, rainbows, castles, princesses and little doggies. Your favorite foods are hot dogs, goldfish crackers, bananas, quesadillas, cheese sticks, spaghetti chicken nuggets, noodle soup, corn & peas. You just had a little growth spurt and are now in 4T clothes.




















You love to explain and re-explain things. You are a storyteller who likes a captive audience and a dramatic finish. A typical story might go like this:
You freeze, eye-brows raised, finger to lips: "MOM!", you whisper loudly. "I have an idea! First, I go to the orsey place. Then, I go with my abuelo to ride the horsies again and again and I am not scared. But then," and here, you've reach a louder pitch, and your brow furrows with concern, "It's a mean horsey and I fall down, down, down to the ground," Here, you dramatically lower yourself to the ground, rolling around for emphasis, "And I cry so much because it hurts so baaaaad." You have decided a bad ending is usually a better ending ("Aleni, did you have good dreams last night??" "No! I dreamed monsters and bad dinosaurs!"). :)





You are a brave, wild and adventurous girl--as long as you don't feel like you are being watched. You are often lost in enjoying the moment, to look up and find people watching you... and then you are very embarrassed.

At a concert recently, this was seen. At the end of each song, everyone would clap--at which point you'd jump up on your chair, raise your arms and yell, "Woohoooooo!" Unfortunately, after one song, you didn't notice that no one clapped, so you jumped up and yelled "Woohoo" to a completely quiet auditorium. All your bravery melted away in a second as you jumped down and hid under the chair.

You don't love having your picture taken, and you don't like me to look at something you're doing (like a coloring) until you are all the way done.

You are becoming a thoughtful and considerate girl, and we love to see that in you! We also love your funny sense of humor, your energy and your strength!

We love you so much, darling girl! Happy 4th!
Love forever,
Daddy & Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there... say something! :)