Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

noé's riddle

We were doing some evening bonding time with this deep and thought-provoking movie:


About 30 minutes into it, Noé turned to me and said, "Mom... do you remember yesterday when I played that race car game?" Now, for Noé.... "yesterday" can be literal yesterday--or 2 years ago. So, that makes the guessing game that much more challenging!

We've had a very full week with a lot of outings to friends' houses and different events... So, I began naming off the places we'd been: "Was it the amigos house? Was it Mrs. Joyce's house? Was it church...?" No, no, no.

I remembered we'd been at a friend's house several weeks ago that the older boy had been playing some video games there. I asked him if it was there?

"Noooo! There was soooo many people!" he explained, showing with his hands that he meant a lot of people.

Hmmm... are you sure it wasn't at that friend's house? There were a lot of people there. For the birthday party... you remember??

"Nooo. It wasn't there! There were numbers on the door. Remember??"

Noé loves reading the house numbers on every house we visit... so that didn't narrow it down too much.

Ok, so it was a place with loooooots of people and a car video game? Was it a store? Was it Chuckie Cheese? 

"Nooo! It wasn't a video game, it was a movie!"

Hmmm. Now, I really have no idea!

"Mom! Come on, remember! It was the place with lots and lots of doors with lots and lots of numbers and sooo many people!"

It sounded like an apartment building to me... but, as far as I could remember, I hadn't taken him to an apartment building.

We decided to go consult daddy. Daddy was just as stumped as I was. This was one hard riddle to crack.

"Mom! Remember... it was brown on the inside and we slept there and there was a movie and looooots of people."

Oh, wait! Do you mean when we went far away to a hotel and saw Uncle Jake and Aunt Hannah and Uncle Ben and Uncle George and they played in the pool with you??

"YES!!"

People.... that trip was last year. Over 6 months ago.... And, he was pulling all that information out of his memory banks because he couldn't remember the word "hotel". He wanted to tell me that just like the dogs in the movie, he had been to a hotel before.

Talk about the long way around the mountain! I love this kid. I wish I could see the rows and stacks of information stored away in his amazing brain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there... say something! :)