Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

celebrating two...a month late

My dear, darling girl-

Every day, I am so grateful to have you in my life. Your face-splitting smiles and mischievous ways brighten my world at every moment.



Your wild hair, big eyes and even bigger determination make me fall in love with you over and over again. I look at your perfectly formed legs, hands, chin...and I think about how tiny you began... and how big you are.


You came into the world 17 days "early"--but ri
ght on time. You arrived without a midwife--just momma and daddy there to greet you. But it turned out just fine. Your first months showed us you are a sweet, adaptable girl with a easy-going nature and a way of keeping yourself entertained.


As you have grown, your fierce independence has shown itself. You are just fine playing on your own--but it can be hard on you to follow. Your resolve and ability to control your emotions has made me stand in awe. Some days, I want to be like you. Every day I pray that God molds your independent spirit into one of fierce loyalty to Him. I see in you a leader. I see in you a strong woman. That makes me proud.

Aleni girl, I love that you are mine. I love how you like to play in the dirt like me. You are a risk-taker and an explorer. Nothing makes you more happy than organizing things.


I love that you are your daddy's girl. I love that you got so much of his good looks, and I love watching you two at your best: Wandering around outside, keeping busy. You are like your daddy in that you like being together, but you're not one to waste time talking. Just being together, sharing time and experiences is enough.



I can't tell you how much I love seeing your relationship with your big brother grow into a beautiful thing. I love catching you two sharing private glances, secret jokes, shared interests. It's heart-stopping joy.

That's what you do to me, reinita. You take my breath away.

Always and forever,
Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there... say something! :)