Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

day spa.

Yes. Me. Here in Mexico. Just because.

You see, I read an article about doing a "spa" at your own house. And, thought I, why not?

I don't know if you are like me, but sometimes I get overwhelmed in the cosmetics department. There are sooo many products. All promising you what you want, and more: Jennifer Aniston in a bottle! (Right!)

And, I have bought enough things through the years and been disappointed enough by trying new things that I often think: "Just stick with what you've always used."

However! (Picture a bus screeching to a halt).

I have found some things that have rocked my (cosmetic) world and would feel oh-so-selfish if I didn't share them with you.

They are:

(Pretend like you don't realize these are being displayed on the back of a toilet.)

Purty, aren't they?

I use these lovely things every day:


1--Dove Go Fresh Green Tea and Cucumber Body Lotion. I've been using this for some time now, but had to include it. Talk about a "Take Me Away" scent. Mmm. Makes me happy every time! (I promise, the rest of the things are newbies for me...)

2-- Loreal Go 360 Clean Facial Cleanser. Oh.my.goodness. Can you say, "Buh-bye Noxema"? This cleanser leaves my face sooooo soft and smooth. And, thanks to the little built in circle "scrubblet", you hardly have to use any cleanser at all...

3--Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV-Lotion. Seriously. Another gasp. I have used a lot of facial lotions in my day... but, I've never put on one that felt as smooth and silky as this one. Gotta getcha one!


Now these are my little "day spa extras". I have instituted 2 day spa days a WEEK for myself-- Wednesday and Saturday. Aren't I a lucky girl? It basically changes my 8 minute shower into a 15 minute one... Talk about luxury.

(I also use a "face mask"... but it's not shaking my world right now, so it didn't make it to the back of the toilet. Shame, shame.)




1-- Aveeno Positively Nourishing Smoothing Body Wash. I have shied (is that written correctly? it looks weird...) away from body washes for some time because most make my super duper sensitive skin start itching like crazy. But, since Aveeno's known for their good-to-your-skin product, I gave it a try. No itching!

2--Aussie 3-Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner. Yum. I don't even know if this baby works, but that smell. Oh, yes. I'll have me some more of that! I only put it on about the bottom 1/3 of my hair since too much conditioner can overwhelm my hair... But, I can only imagine that in this insanely dry climate with it's ultra direct sun-rays, my hair is saying, "Muchas gracias."

3--Johnson's Shea & Cocoa Butter Baby Oil. Now hang on. Don't hate me cuz you ain't me. I was a little dubious too. But this stuff is good. After all that buffing and whatnot, I rub this oil on and it absorbs right away. No grease or "I'm a newborn baby" smell. And it leaves my skin radiant. Oh, yeah. I said "radiant". I just use it on my arms, legs and feet... and use my regular lotion on the rest.

So... I had two reasons for writing this post...

The first, obviously, to pass on some good products.

The second: Maybe taking an extra 5 minutes in the shower with some good-smelling stuff doesn't spell bliss to you. Maybe it's setting aside an hour a week to read that one book. Or going to a museum. Taking a walk at the park. Or whatever. Make the time to do it--no one will do it for you. And it does make a big difference.

How about you? Do you have some "must-haves" to share? Or what "me thing" do you need to make time for?

2 comments:

  1. you're a lucky gal Liz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Baby oil on wet skin right after a shower or bath, BEFORE I towel dry. Yup, sounds weird but it works like no tomorrow. And I don't need any other body products like lotion after my shower. Even using this along with a moisturizing shower product makes a huge difference. Another thing I have started using is, in place of a shower pouff or washcloth, I am using a long synthetic (I think it's nylon but I"m not sure) body wash rag I got at the Body Shop...dries in a flash and scrubs my whole back!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there... say something! :)