Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Noah's Got a Future!!



Perhaps in another post, I will go into more detail with "things" we are dealing with in Noah. Suffice it to say, our little darling has been and is a challenge for this momma that likes everything just to be smooth and happy.

We are at a point where we are looking into different things. Could there be reasons he is doing this or not doing that? Do I need to discipline more or less? Have I been doing everything wrong? Should I change everything or nothing? Is living in Mexico not the best option for him?

Big. Potentially life-changing questions. Questions that were keeping me awake at night. Questions that were making my days unbearable. I was completely overwhelmed.

So, I knew I just had to get away. Had to have a good cry (that's how I calm myself! ha). Had to have some real intense, alone time with God. Needed to get myself to a firm place, because I knew I was in a place that wasn't healthy for me, my marriage or my babies.

Recently, instead of going to church, I stole away in the car. Parked in a field at the end of the street, and just poured out my heart to God.

It was healing, my sisters. I poured out all my inadequacies, so that God could fill me with His all in all. I poured out my failings so that God could take away my guilt. I poured out my fears... and opened His Word.

There literally are tears rolling down my face as I write this, because God is so good to us. He is there for me, even when I am so weak (perhaps especially when I am so weak).

I filled myself up with scriptures directly speaking to those fears... I wrote the scriptures as though they were written for my Noah:
"The spirit of the Lord will rest on Noah, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord..I, the Lord, keep Noah. I water him every moment, so that nothing hurts him; I keep him night and day... Look! It is my servant Noah, whom I uphold. My elect one in whom my soul delights... The Lord will comfort Noah... joy and gladness will be found in him, thanksgiving and the voice of melody... I have put My words in your mouth; I have covered you with the shadow of My hand... Noah will be taught by the Lord and great will be Noah's peace... This is what the Lord says: 'I will extend peace to Noah like a river'... There is hope for your future, says the Lord...."


Those are just a few of the verses I wrote out. But, let me tell you--what a release that brought me! It doesn't mean I am burying my head in the sand, but it DOES mean I have something to hold onto during stormy days. It does mean I have faith-filled words to pray over Noah. It does mean I no longer lay awake--because I know Noah's daddy in heaven has in all under control.

Do you know what? The day after we prayed these verses over Noah, it was like he woke up and knew about double of the words he did from the day previous! Like a light bulb turned on. We were rejoicin', let me tell ya.
Here are a few things Noah's doing at this 30-month spot in his life:

He says most things in English. Except for yes. He always answers "Sí". He also prefers to call hot dogs "salchichas" and puppies "cachorros". :)




He is so good to his baby sister. He has never hit her, although she frustrates him on a nearly hourly basis. If she takes things away from him, he calls for me to come help. When I am putting her down for a nap, he'll come in to check on us. He'll very seriously stand next to me with his finger to his lips. "Shhhh." I'll whisper, "You're right. Thank you!" He'll stand there about 2 seconds more, then walk out, closing the door behind him. If baby cries, he squats down next to her and rubs her hair gently. He says: "Don't cry, baby. Sorry, baby. Are you ok? Don't cry..."

Politeness is increasing: He is more consistent about saying "Sorry", "Pees", "Kane-koo" (thank you)", "More", and "Help".


He LOVES helping. He sees me sweeping, and he brings the dustpan and says, "Help you!" He sees me taking laundry off the line and runs over saying, "Help you!". He likes to water the flowers also. I also love that he is helping with garbage. After I change his or Aleni's diaper, he'll say, "Help you" and then take it to the trash can. He also brings me coins or papers of the floor and puts them in my pockets. He loves "helping" daddy.

He is into STARS right now. He finds them everywhere... on his diapers, on his balls, in books.... wherever. The other night, I opened the back door and he shouted happily: "Stars!!!!" I was sitting with him on the couch in a sunbeam and noticed that he was entranced with the dust floating there. He finally turned to me and pointed, "Stars!"



He was into a big "nude" phase for a while. It was a huge struggle to get him to keep anything on. Now, he just refuses shoes or socks.... but often has me put on up to 6 shirts at one time!

He is a very expressive "talker". He loves to babble excitedly to us, waving his hands around and making all kinds of facial expressions. So cute.

His main "naughty things" at this time are sticking things in the toilet and peeing in "secret places" (he knows he should only pee in the potty or his diaper which seems to have just made him more sneaky...).
He has a MEMORY like nobody's business. Goodness. He has all of his movies completely memorized and pretty much remembers places (like if we drive by a store or a park that we went to one time many moons ago, he'll remember it... Or if we are getting close to a place we regularly go to, he'll recognize the surroundings and start shouting out the destination).

So, there's my Noah post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there... say something! :)