Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Soothes the Savage Beast

Music.

I am realizing how big of a connection music has with my heart. Try like a straight shot.

Maybe it's because I don't have a piano to tinker around on anymore. Or maybe because whenever I took out my violin when Noah was a baby, the sound would send him over the edge. Or maybe because now days are filled with "Jack and Jill" or "ABC's"... whatever the reason, I feel like I have lost a big part of my "feelers" because of a divorcing from daily immersion in music.

Recently. I have begun to tap back into this power source. I realized that I never feel closer to God than when I am in a worship service. But, then wondered at my lack of motivation to do daily devotions.

Power solution: I now go to youtube and play whatever worship song pops into my head--in Spanish or English. While it's playing, I get down on my knees and begin a time of prayer... which is all I need to get me more than ready to dive into the depths of God's Word!

I don't know if I'm the only momma who ever feels this (ha ha)... but, recently it has been hard to get my sweaty, spit-upped-on, just-mopped-the-whole-house-and-am-up-to-my-elbows-in-dishwater self into a romantic frame of mind. Don't get me wrong. I love my man. He's the best. But, remember that quivery, overpowering feeling of romance that was there "back in the day"??

I miss that.

So, I am now on youtube creating a playlist called "cantos romanticos". They are all the songs of our first days together. When where we are now was only a dream seperated by thousands of miles and an uncooperative visa office. It was when we were only consumed with thoughts of each other.

My heart is singing.

2 comments:

Don't just sit there... say something! :)