Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

expecting.

I was thinking about how we say we are "expecting" when we tell people we are going to have a baby... and about how many of things that have happened in the last few days were outside of my expectations! For the better or worse--you can decide.



I was expecting to give birth around the end of January--near the 27th. I gave birth 17 days early. (Believe me, I am NOT complaining about this one!)



I was expecting that my aunt would be there to assist in the home birth. She was in Los Cabos until the day after. (Good thing I married a guy with a knack for midwifing!)



I was expecting for Noah to be having fun over at the relatives while I did my breathing exercises in peace. He was having a really... special... day right there with me. (Try screaming at me to pick him up while I'm having a contraction)



I was expecting for my water to break during labor. (That's just how it is for the ladies in our family) It broke the morning of my baby shower--the day before my labor started.



I was expecting to have a little, beautiful, dark-haired girl. (Check it out)





I was hoping that Noah would love her. (Check it out)





I was hoping she would be sweet, easy and peaceful. She is.


We call her Aleni Elizabeth.


And, we think we have it pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Congratulations! I really want all the details, so please do another post about your "husband's knack for midwifery." Praise the Lord for your beautiful kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so happy!

    I love how your use of the car blanket in all the pictures prompted that lady to ask, "is it a boy or a girl?" on Facebook! :) Have fun explaining her style in these pics to Aleni in a few years...;)

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there... say something! :)